Sunday, July 26, 2009

Like father: Like daughter!

First U.S. haircut (on my lap)
Feeding her baby

The South Family Singers


The first three weeks of July one can usually find Jon glued in front of the tube watching The Tour de France. In my mind, this is OK because this is really the only major sporting event that he becomes obsessed with and I certainly can't complain. Three weeks vs. months of football or basketball. Ironically, our first daughter was born on the last day of the Tour and it would only make sense that our first born would also learn how to ride her bike (without training wheels) on this day as well. She was so thrilled and learned so quickly that by the time I found the camera she was already taking off on her own. I didn't get that footage of daddy running along side her or the cheers of on-lookers. Oh, well. Enjoy the footage and pictures of our week.



5 comments:

Aus said...

Life - living - and FUN!!

hugs - aus and co.

LowerTeakwood said...

Ahh, she got her hair cut.

Congrats on the bike riding. We're pretty sure Ethan might be 12 before he does that!

Sharon said...

Way to go Leah!

Anonymous said...

I have been watching your blog since I found out that our girls were bedmates in China. Teague connected me to you when I came back in November, knowingh that there were picture of out girls together. I see she is doing well. Julianna has a bit of a curl to her hair? Was it hard to cut it?
Sue Steltz
steltzs@christina.k12.de.us

Rusti and Kevin "Snuffy" said...

We tried the haircut too-it didn't work-WAY TO GO JULIANNE!!!! Love seeing you and your family a tthe reunion. I agree-a year is way too long!!!