After drugs!

Julianne is asleep so I slipped to the next hospital room to use the internet since our room's service wasn't working. So if I leave off mid-sentence it is because I hear crying.
Julianne did great once again with her surgery and I must say her hand looks great! Dr. Cornwall gets two thumbs up from Julianne! I can't wait to actually see her cute little hand and play Itsy Bitsy Spider with that new thumb. The best news of the day is that she WILL actually have a pincher grip - wow - isn't modern technology awesome.
Now to the more serious side of the day: The anesthesiologist did not like the fact that her heart rate was high again. He called in the head cardiologist who did hear a murmur and feels as though he is feeling her heart through her chest a bit too much. So tomorrow she will undergo an echocardiogram to look for any issues with her heart. He stated that since she has to be sedated for the procedure, she cannot have any food/drink after midnight AND he was not sure what time her procedure would be done tomorrow. I am taking bets it will be done later in the day rather than early. Ok, let's think about this.....she had barely any food today and the food and drink she did have is soaked into my clothes since she threw up twice. We'll see how the day goes.
The funny part of the day....for this surgery, I brought three pairs of shorts with me just in case I am showered in vomit/pee like the last time. Well, let's just say that all three pairs have been officially used. I am now wearing scrubs brought to me by the nurse.
Thanks for all the prayers!
4 comments:
Glad the surgery went well. Praying that the procedure goes well tomorrow and that you get good results. Also hope the procedure is done early so Julianne can EAT!
Oh, and thanks for the tip about taking extra clothes in for surgeries. Never would have thought of that!
Wishing all the best.
Hugs
Sue
Her hand looks great through the cast. Hope you receive good news today. We will be thinking of you. I think we checked 100 times yesterday for the surgery update. Thanks for giving us the news. Can;t wait to see you on the 18th
Oh Debbie! I will be praying hard tonight that they do the procedure early tomorrow! My heart just breaks at the thought of her not being able to eat for another day. Will definitely be lifting you up as well as I know how hard it is being mom in the hospital with a hurting little girl (esp. in the middle of the night)
Post a Comment