We left yesterday bright and early to start our journey home and 28 hours later we were back home. The way home was not as bad as I had thought it might have gone. Since Julianne's schedule was so off course, there were a good amount of tears on the way home. Couple this with a bad cold, possible ear infection and a persistent cough, she did the best she could. We were even able to get in a little cat nap here and there which certainly makes the time go by quickly.
Julianne is quickly adjusting to home life with her big sisters. If she just merely whimpers, she has two little ones quickly running to her side to wipe her tears and entertain her to distract her. I even witnessed Leah carrying Julianne to the couch, covering her with a blanket and singing a lullaby to her even though it wasn't even close to nap time. Julianne is one big, cute, interactive baby doll to her sisters - a little girl's dream. But within time after a minute with her sisters, she will put her arms up for me to pick her up (a good sign). If I leave her side she begins to cry which is another good sign of the beginnings of attachment. Everything is going well: sleeping, eating, pooping, smiling, playing, etc.
Jet leg.......yes, we have it....Jon more than me at this point. We all (all five of us) took over a three hour nap today. Aaahhh, that felt great. I am paying for it now though since everyone else is sleeping and I am wide awake.
Thanks for following our journey while in China. It was so much fun to read the comments and emails while we were gone and so appreciate the support from when we started this process to now. We really couldn't have done this without the love and support of our friends and family.
I will post pictures tomorrow.
Looking Back at a Lot of Surgeries
7 years ago
7 comments:
So glad you are home! Get some rest and we hope the transition goes as smooth as possible. So glad another Pingliang baby is home!
Well WELCOME HOME!! We've been kind of waiting to see this one! The jet lag and such will pass - and the words about bonding - sounds spot on to me! If there is anything you need - info or otherwise - well you've got all our numbers - my cell is the 24 / 7 number!
Great joy for you guys - Blessings - and now - may the adventure REALLY begin!
hugs - aus and co.
I am so glad to see you made it home safely. I looking forward to seeing the pics of your beautiful family of 5. All the best.
Sue
Glad to hear you made it home safely, and without too much drama on the flight!
I look forward to reading your updates as I await travel to meet my Pingliang sweetie!
Kimberlyn
Thankful you are home and praying Miss Julianne gets better soon!!! Can't wait to see pictures!
I was thinking of all of you this morning, and just by luck clicked on the link and was so thrilled to see you are all home together. Your story brings tears to my eyes. We are so happy for all of you. Enjoy this bonding time!
Glad to have you back in the US!! Hope the jetlag fades quickly! and everyone adjust to the new time frame. Take her outside during the day...that usually helps.
Hugs to all!
diana
Post a Comment