Earth Day! Quite a big day in our house especially for Leah who is truly our green girl. I picked her up from preschool this afternoon and she asked, "Mommy, what are we doing today?" I simply answered, "Going home like always". She answered, "But Mommy......its Earth Day, how are we going to celebrate the Earth?" Typically, I would make a quick turn to our favorite park but the weather was not favorable for a day there. So we went home and the girls made their own Earth party in the blustery weather. They dug for worms, rolled in the grass, acted like birds (very windy outside), swung on the swings and just took in nature as it was intended. I'd have to say that this was probably the best way they could have spent Earth Day.
Happy Earth Day!
1 comment:
Now that's and earth day!! It's not about what you do 'for earth day' - it's about what you do 'every day'!
hugs - aus and co.
Post a Comment