Sunday, April 19, 2009

One of the Girls


Julianne experienced her first Tea Party (not a political one, though) with her sisters today.

The day started off with fingernails and faces being decorated including mine. Oh my...how beautiful (cough cough) I looked after Natalie and Leah took turns making me over (more like coloring my face). We then got into our favorite dress-up clothes and walked the cat walk for daddy. I placed a table cloth on the kitchen floor and we sipped grape juice with our pinkies in the air and delicately nibbled on gummy worms and M&M's (we had no tea cookies). Afterwards, we rushed to the ball as we elegantly danced to the Wiggles. All had a wonderful time including the first timer Julianne.

Side note: This morning after Julianne and I awoke, I was carrying her down our steps when I slipped off the landing and fell hard. I probably tumbled about four or five steps while I was still carrying Julianne. She hit her head so hard against the hardwood that I can honestly say that I wasn't sure if she would ever be OK again. Jon had heard the thud of her head and came running to get ice. She was screaming (good sign) and it was really hard to see if she was ok at this point. I didn't feel any bump or see any bleeding so I got her a bottle to see if she would take it to calm her down enough to check her over. Thank goodness she was fine - amazingly. I, however, am dealing with a good deal of bruising on my thigh and hip.

4 comments:

Rusti and Kevin "Snuffy" said...

Thank goodness you guys are ALL okay-or going to be okay!!! I had visions of falling in China with Emily. Makes you realize how fragile human life is. The tea party sounds absolutely amazing, but we do not see any pictures of mom on the blog-Hmmmmmm

Snuffy and Rusti

Aus said...

ACK! So far I'm 5 for 5 - having fallen down the steps with ALL of my kids in my arms at one time or another. Marie too. With the first one the bruse on her tush was soo deep and dark that she actually sought some medical attention (thought her hip was busted too) - Doc looked at her with a comment "Looks like a sub dural hematomoa...." Smart alick! Glad that both of you are OK (or at least nothing worse than some nuprin can't handle!)

hugs - aus and co.

LowerTeakwood said...

Ah, they're so cute. Girls, what would that be like? I have fallen with both my boys and each has taken a good tumble down the stairs. It's a right of passage I think! Shan

Sharon said...

Sounds wonderful up until the fall...I sure hope you are ok and thank heavens Julianne was. Hudson fell off the kitchen counter one day last fall...he fell head first and landed on his forehead...I fully expected blood everywhere and his skull caved in (ceramic tile). I have NEVER been so scared as I was that moment. He kept rolling his eyes in the back of his head and I just knew he was brain damamged and lapsing into a coma.....I finally got him to lock eyes with me and he smiled....I think he was just dazed and still waking up from his nap...All I could think was HOW will I explain this to China??? LOL! He hardly had a bruise but does have a permanent "dent" in his forhead....