Saturday, April 4, 2009

Adjusting

Can you say "jet-legged" ?
A day at the park


At the airport meeting her jie jie's for the first time.



Our last day in China. These are all of the thirteen "babies" in our travel group. Julianne is in blue on the couch.











We are slowly adjusting to U.S. time here in the South house. Waking up at 2 am has been the norm around here for Ms. Julianne and as well as staying awake until nap time. This is such a change from the 10 hour a night routine that we experienced while in China. In due time, we WILL get her back to that schedule! Each night will get better or so that is what I am telling our 2 am alarm clock.

The girls love being big sisters and cater to her every whimper and need minus the dirty diapers. Natalie has regressed a bit but this is understandable since my little "momma girl" now has competition for lap space. I keep telling her that my lap has been growing so I can fit all three girls on it at once. Unfortunately this is true (about my lap growing).





5 comments:

Aus said...

Well welcome home - we're looking forward to meeting Julianne at some point in the future! From our chair it looks like it was a wonderful journey - now - may the adventure REALLY begin!

hugs - aus and co.

LowerTeakwood said...

Funny, you have a 2:00 am alarm, we have a 3:30 am alarm. Man I cannot wait to sleep again! Jack got up at 3:30 am and stayed up until noon! Finally he is napping. I'm sure we'll have to wake him or he'll try to sleep until 8:00 pm. YIKES...so tired! I love the picture of Julianne in her activity center asleep... too cute. Shannon

Sharon said...

SUCH sweet girls...each day will get better...

Unknown said...

Welcome home. I love the Jet lagged picture. What sweet girls you have. I hope you are all now starting to adjust time wise. What a journey!

Rusti and Kevin "Snuffy" said...

Julianne is so cute. Hope she gets on the right schedule soon. Emily was sleeping 12 hours-in the day!!! I think we have her on regular time now. We kept her up one whole day nad just let her zonk in the evening around 8pm. Was a bit harsh on all involved, but our days seem to be much better now.

Rusti and Kevin