Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Julianne



No car seats or seat belts in the back seat.


We had so many pictures taken with these men; now we know how the famous feel. They were so nice and curious.




We feel so blessed to have been the parents chosen to adopt Julianne. There were so many times during our wait that we wanted to turn back since we were so scared of the unknown, but something or someone would point us in her direction again. We really felt and feel God's presence during this journey since we know this is the path He intended us to take. He has sent us many angels along the way to guide us to her. Even in the Beijing airport, Jon and I had discussed how nervous we were to be going to Gansu Province by ourselves not knowing anyone. We have read in countless blogs how difficult it is to communicate since not many people speak English. As we sat discussing this, a young college student sat right next to us and started speaking to us in English. We probably spoke with her for over an hour. She was from Lanzhou and gave us her email and telephone number if we were to ever need anything. She stayed with us at the Lanzhou airport until our guide came around to meet us. She was exactly what we needed at that time.

Julianne is such a joy and easy-going baby. She is quick to smile and only cries if she is tired or hungry. I am thrilled that she can be placed in her crib when it is bed time and she will fall asleep by herself. She loves to be held but is content playing by herself on the floor as well. Waving hello or bye is her new favorite sport since she receives quite a cheer from us. She is starting to turn over and we have found that if we put her on us then she is ok with lying on her belly. Baby steps. She will catch up soon.

6 comments:

Aus said...

Good morning guys - lots of great stuff in your post! Sounds to me like Julianne is already bonding with you guys - if I may be so bold - remarkable and oh so cool!! Oh - and the kid at the airport and the lady in the restaurant - they are called 'angels' - just in case you forgot! :) Looking forward to following the rest of your journey!

hugs - aus and co.

Tiaras, Tutus, and Fairy Dust. said...

You all look great. I'm so happy to see Julianne smiling already. Have a safe trip. Don't forget to buy LOTS of squeeky shoes in sizes 20 and above... You will understand this a year from now...All the best.
Sue

Sheryl said...

Julianne...what a doll baby! Glad things are going well. The people in Lanzhou were friendly to us, too! We also have a picture in front of the "mother and child" statue. Cool. Brings back lots of memories. Praying that the rest of your trip continues to go well. Hugs!

groovy mama said...

Look at how well she is part of you already..what a joy! Love reading you blog. You are in our thoughts as you continue this chapter of your life.
Blessings,
DC

Unknown said...

I am loving following your journey with Julianne. So many memories come back. She is just so cute and glad she is doing well with you. When you get home I hope to get some pictures of Andy to you to add to that book for Mrs Yang.

We are thinking of you,

Anonymous said...

Hi Deb & Jon,
I have to tell you that I have enjoyed reading both blogs since you've been gone. I look forward to each new installment and really love the pictures of Julianne. I can't wait until you return and can meet her in person. This whole adventure has been orchestrated by God and I feel so blessed to have been able to witness it. Joyce G.