Saturday, May 9, 2009

Citizenship and the Zoo

Seeing the fish and manatee


Waving "hello" to the elephant


"Aren't those from China, Mom?"

Julianne became a U.S. citizen as soon as we touched ground in Chicago back on the first of April, but we now have the document to prove it. She can now apply for a social security number, birth certificate and also a passport for that return trip to China (someday). Unfortunately, she will never be able to be president - not that we would really want to subject her to that anyway.

Julianne is recovering very well from her surgery and is truly back to herself. Before we left the hospital, I pushed for an EKG since her heart rate was so high. For those of you that do not know, heart and kidney conditions usually accompany "radial longitudinal deficiency" but thank goodness, everything panned out ok. As of now, her hand/arm/shoulder are the only affected areas from her condition.

I took Julianne to the Cincinnati Zoo last Friday with my sister and nephews - Heinrich and Peter. I wasn't sure if Julianne would really pay attention to the animals. The facial expressions that she made after spying each animal proved to me that she knew that they were more than just funny looking "dogs".




4 comments:

Aus said...

WOW - she really bounces back quick!! So glad to see the success and great joy on the outcome! We're card carring members of the zoo - we'll have to meet up sometime!

hugs - aus and co.

Rusti and Kevin "Snuffy" said...

What a scarey time at the zoo!!! Julianne seems to be doing good. Sounds like you are having a good time with her also.

Snuffy and Rusti

Sharon said...

The picture on the top of your blog is beautiful!!!

dianal said...

Love the pitcures! I have been praying for all of you! I glad to see that beautiful smile of hers. She still has the best cheakers that I have ever see. I have not droped off the edge of the earth! But my computer has crashed. Major with drawl!
Diana