As much as I try to pretend that my oldest, Leah, is not growing up, reality just keeps slapping me in the face. Yesterday, as we were eating tuna for lunch, Leah asked me to look at her wiggly tooth...what tooth? It was gone. At that second, Leah realized that she had swallowed it and was quite devastated that she never got to see it. We decided that she should write the Tooth Fairy a letter explaining the situation and so we did. As she woke, she found a crisp one dollar bill under her pillow and already had plans how to spend it. For awhile, though, she contemplated giving it to charity but then the image of a toy popped in her head.
As much as it is bittersweet to see her grow up, she still is very much a little girl.....we woke up at 4 am to a little one crawling in bed with us since she was scared of the thunderstorm that was making its way through our town.
6 comments:
This sounds all to familiar, the swallowed tooth and the little girl crawling in bed with her mommy and daddy:-)Let them be young.
Sue
Morning guys - yeah - that same thunderstorm woke me up - and if you recall I WEAR HEARING AIDS (except when I'm asleep!) - so it must have been a good one!
And what a great tooth fairy - a buck for a lost one - WOW! :)
hugs - aus and co.
That tooth fairy never ceases to amaze us!!! What a wonderful story she will be telling for years to come too. Enjoy them while they are young!!!
Oh what a familiar story...our 4 year old just lost her first tooth also..and I thought that started in school! They do grow up too fast...hard to take sometimes!
Oh I can't tell you the teeth we have swallowed!! LOL!
They grow up way too fast...our oldest is going into Jr. High in the fall and I've been whining about it for almost year. Make sure to get extra cuddles on those thunderstorm nights!
Post a Comment