Wednesday, June 3, 2009

And four casts later......

When we were waiting for Julianne to join our family, the wait was extremely difficult for so many reasons, but Jon and I kept reminding ourselves that the timing was in God's hands and we had to trust His plan. As time goes on, we are starting to understand why we had to tap our fingers until March. Ironically, there was exactly twelve weeks from the day we left to the last day of school and that is the amount of time that my work is allowing me to stay home with Julianne. And let me tell you, there is NO way that I could have worked and taken little Miss Julianne to all of her appointments which have turned into a daily event. She is healthy but many of the doctor visits are precautionary due to her "radial longitudinal deficiency". We feel so blessed that this is the case and we need to keep this in perspective to the big picture. So keeping this in mind, I will tell you about our stressful week. Julianne woke Friday with a fever and it progressively got worse on Saturday with a temp. of almost 104. Since she just had her surgery, I called the orthopedic office to see if it could be related....and they said bring her into the ER. Ugh. Six and a half hours later, it was determined that she just had a virus. They did check her stitches and pin which all looked great (at least they said it did). A new white cast decorated her arm so all was good or so we thought. Not so. On Monday morning, when I reached for Julianne in her crib, I noticed her new cast was halfway off (or halfway on to be more positve). Again I called, and yes, we had to bring her in again. On the way there, I looked into the rearview mirror and to my horror, saw that the cast had completely fallen off. The pin and stitches proved to be fun entertainment for Julianne on the way since she was picking and tugging on them. Deep breaths got me to the hospital especially since stitches are my biggest phobia and usually make me quite light-headed. So now Julianne became pretty in pink with a new pink cast. Never did I think this one would fall off too. But yes, it did (today). To Cincy Childrens we went and left with a new pink cast. Let's just hope this one stays on.
Other than our medical drama, Julianne is awesome and we are amazed at how much she is learning.

5 comments:

Tiaras, Tutus, and Fairy Dust. said...

Do I laugh or cry? Maybe a little of both?
Sue

LowerTeakwood said...

OMG...Yikes! We've been to the ER once with Ethan and I hope to not go back...ever. I know what you mean about the appointments. It's a full time job. I thought I had a day off today, but turns out Cam has an ear infection, so back to the doctor we go! I hope your new cast sticks! Nothing like doing the same thing over and over.

Aus said...

Well - sorry for the problems - but super glad that things are working out well for all ya'll! We're going to have to meet up some time!

hugs - aus and co,

Rusti and Kevin "Snuffy" said...

God has blessed you with this wonderful child-and God has also blessed Julianne with loving parents.

Snuffy and Rusti

Sharon said...

Oh my goodness....Let's hope this one stays put. I guess she hasn't been to uncomfortable? When my daughter had sugery and pins put in her leg her cast was too tight (pre-surgery) and she was in so much pain....
Post pictures soon of that cutie pie!!